Jogging & hip pain

Do you normally experience hip pain after you jog? I did some jogging this weekend and my right hip is a little sore now. I wondered if that was something normal until one gets used to jogging regularly. I am more or less a newbie at it at the moment.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• aches and pains AFTER a run (like several hrs after or even the next day) when you are just starting out are normal. Your muscles, bones, and ligaments are all being worked in new ways. Eventually they will strengthen as you run more. BUT sharp pain while you are running or shortly after is not ok or normal. Sharp pain is never normal for a jog.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 7:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Just take you time.. Go a little bit at a time then work yourself up to more. If the pain continues, talk to a doctor. Be sure to warm up before joggin, running, and excersise.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 3:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yes
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 4:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thanks ladies. The pain isn't sharp and it occurred a few hours later. It doesn't even seem to be there anymore, so that's good.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Sep. 15, 2010