Is it ok to give her whole milk if....

She is 10m old and she is fine with it? like she doesn't have any stomach issues with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• formula is more for the nutrients as they can't really eat a fully balanced diet yet.

I'd recommend stick with formula mostly, but like a small cup of milk a day wouldn't hurt.

there are also allergy issues to be concerned about but if milk allergies are not on either side of the family, it should be OK
    Anonymous

• One time while taking a greyhound across country we lost our formula so I had no choice but to give my 6mo milk. The only places those things stop are convient stores and dont cary formula. He was fine but as soon as we got there i got formula. So I would say yes
    Anonymous

• Doctors say their little tummies can't handle it for a year. I would wait
    Anonymous

• my friend started introducing around that age. i think its fine. may want to just give her some and still a little formula. doctors also say that their tummies arent ready for food until the age of 4-6 months and i know people that feed their kids earlier than that and were fine.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 3:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I started my baby on food at 3 months because he would take 10 ounces and still be hungry. I am not going to give him milk until one year because he still needs the nutrients from formula and many babies' stomachs cannot handle milk until 12 months. What is your reason for wanting to give milk?
    AmandaH7

Answer by AmandaH7 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I started giving my son formula at 10 months. he noticed the flavor difference, so i did like 7 oz. formula 1 oz milk, then 6 oz. formula 2 oz. milk......until it was all milk and he is fine!! :) now i dont spend 130 bucks a month of formula!! WOOHOO
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 4:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• She is already eating table food she stopped eating the baby food for me. i had to start feed her our food or she wouldn't eat. I did it with my son and he was fine and the dr really had no problem wit it as long as he didnt show any signs of a allergy. I started to do it with the formula i'm at half n half right now. i haven't started straight milk yet.
    Anonymous

• Co worker started her son at 9 months and we was fine. I wait until a week before one year (once the formula ran out) but think I would have been fine sooner.
    Anonymous

• My daughters doctor told us at her 9 month well baby appt that it was ok to start her on milk at 10 months old since she was eating a balanced diet (only table food). We feed her breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks just like we do with our son. She was only taking 3 bottles of formula/day so he told us to try her on it. We did and she's fine so check with your doctor.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• that is exactly where she is at. she only get it when she is going down for a nap.
    Anonymous