is it to early to put up the x mas tree?

When is a good time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Home & Garden

• You know, 2 years ago I'd have said it was too early.
    Then I noticed a neighbor had hers up just after Halloween. I jokingly asked her if she wasn't jumping the gun. She smiled and pointed out that she had the time to put it up NOW - she might not after Thanksgiving. Every year, she ends up with so much to do during the official "season" and someone in the family almost always has a cold that she decided she would put it up the moment she had time once fall arrived. She also figured that this way, she can enjoy the tree longer.
    I didn't agree with her at the time but didn't say anything. Then I wound up getting sick and not getting my own tree up until the week before Christmas that year. This year, I'm planning on putting mine up the weekend before Thanksgiving so it is up and done. This will also let my toddler enjoy it more and build memories that might last until next year.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• We always wait until the day after Thanksgiving. IMO, it's wayyyy too early to do it now, before 2 other holidays.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 3:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• lol
    Anonymous

• For the love of God YES it is too early to do it now. Can we deal with one holiday at a time? Same as KennsWifey, we consider it OK to put up your tree anytime after the day after Thanksgiving.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• YES! Please for the sake of man kind DONT put up a tree now! LOL But then again, I live in the South and we have people that keep their Christmas lights up year round. I guess everyday can be a holiday!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    Anonymous

• I would at least wait until Thanksgiving was over, I had a friend and her family left there Christmas tree up year round and my mother lol (God rest her soul) deemed them as crazy - it was truly hilarious
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I say it's your house do what you want. I wait till the day after Thanksgiving but if you want to put it up go for it.
    jcarey9

Answer by jcarey9 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• we useally get a real tree and we get it around the 1st week of december
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2008