How is your child settling in to the routine of the school year?

My son has really pleasantly surprised me. He is up early every morning (before me!) and ready to face the day. He has matured a lot with doing things for himself and is packing his lunch and taking on more responsibility as far as getting ready and prepared for school. He is in fifth grade so this is good considering middle school is right around the corner.

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 3:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in

• So far, so good. homework done early, extra projects started ~ loving that dd is on the ball (I hope it lasts!)
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 12:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• He's taken to it like a duck to water! He loves school

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My two are doing great! Ones in middle school and ones in high school! (*^-^*)
    aemjjs

Answer by aemjjs at 3:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Its a tough transition to middle school. Its not been easy. Fewer good days that bad ones so far... sigh
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 3:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My first born who is 4 started pre K This year. She loves it so much that she begs me to take her on the weekend. She didnt have any problems adjusting me on the orther had am still having a horrible time without her here everyday. I know I am insane but I have had her with me everyday for 4 and 1/2 years so its hard. Lol.
    Mrs.MOM26

Answer by Mrs.MOM26 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• He strts school a hour lataer than last year. But, he likes to go early ane work on reading or homework in the library.
    kasaline

Answer by kasaline at 7:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• it amazing, but with time the flow into school becomes habit, that is until the major shifts in equilibrium occur. For us the change from a house full of adolescent boys to the last starting dual credit has produced it own adjustments. Allowing the youth to learn from falling on their own bottom. The same process we've all encounter, but it's no fun to watch!
    Robin0406

Answer by Robin0406 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Good Luck!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• the first days are always great the next few weeks he lags off then once he misses the bus and realises how much trouble he is in then he gets on board
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 7:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• zoeyis, yeah I am a bit anxious to see how my son will adapt to middle school next year. He has a really good teacher though that everyone says has her kids ready for middle school, so hopefully he will be prepared.
    KTMOM

Comment by KTMOM (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010