Do you lose your cool with one kid more than the other(s)?

For me, it's my oldest. She pushes my buttons so much more than the younger one. They're very close in age but completely different in temperament. The youngest one is easier to deal with because she tempers her attitude with hugs and sweetness. The older one tempers her attitude with whining and door-slamming. LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes because one is a tween with the biggest ruditude and the others are preschoolers. I am sure when the younger ones get to be tweens they will be the same and get the same treatment.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes, me, too. It's the older child as well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My middle. She is my youngest daughter and she has ADHD and hearing problems. Sometimes the repeat mode will begin and she will repeat something twelve times (which is okay), but then when you respond and it isn't what she wants to hear she will crumple to the floor and cry. She has the biggest temper for such a small child. She hits and bites and tears stuff up.

I honestly don't think she can help it so I try my hardest not to get annoyed, but it just gets to me at times to where I can't handle it and then she gets into trouble. I always feel crappy afterwards too. :(

I just feel like she gets the blunt of the trouble because she is so hyper and over-emotional.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Definitely. My youngest is very agreeable, always happy, and generally an easy child. My oldest has always been a handful.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Definitely my oldest. She's 18 and thinks she controls the world. She knows just what buttons to push to make me blow up and I'm sure she does it any time she wants to avoid responsibility for something.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• does the 44 year old child that just looks like an adult count??

then yes, i do lose it when trying to deal with him
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Amazingly I really don't. I suppose my older one I talk to more about punishment and discipline but he's 16 and mouthy.
    My 12 yr isn't so much like this, probably because he see's what happens when his brother gets in trouble. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• lol nope I have all the patience in the world with kids. Its the adults that pushes my buttons.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:02 AM on Sep. 14, 2010