My dd is 15 months and still won't sleep thru the night.....

She has maybe slept thru the night a total of 10 times since she was 8 wks. She goes down no problem, will sleep from 8-10 or later, then will wake up sometime after 10, it could be 12, 1 or 3 even. And will cry and whine. We have been guilty of giving her a bottle of milk or water just so we can sleep. I can't keep doing that tho. What else can I do? She has music and a light on in her room, nuks, favorite blankey, I'm just lost and tired. Last night we were up from 12-3 am w/ her. Any suggestions?

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wish I knew. My daughter didn't start sleeping through the night until she was 14 months old & then it only lasted a month. It's always been one thing or another...she cut 4 molars when she was 15 months old & that lasted a good 6 weeks. Their teeth tend to bother them more at night so maybe that's what's going on w/your DD also. Like I said, with mine (who's almost 18 months old), it's been one thing or another- teething, colds/ear infections, bad dreams, separation anxiety, etc. We finally just caved & had her start sleeping with us so that we could get some sleep & still function at work. I hope it gets better for you!
    Lo_and_Behold

Answer by Lo_and_Behold at 4:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My son used to sleep through the night when he was younger - he is 13 months old now. But now he seems to enjoy his nightly bottle with his mom or dad - it used to be milk but now it's just water. He will go back to sleep right after the bottle. But it seems like a comfort thing at this point for him. Need to get out of this routine somehow. But he is great about sleeping from 8pm-6am with one wakeup - I guess it could be much worse.
    dubes

Answer by dubes at 4:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010