Obama is willing to leave tax cuts intact for those making under 200,000, single and 250,000 family

I'll give him credit for realizing it has to be done. After all he couldn't risk the economy faltering further by taking money out of the middle classes pockets. Breaking that, not raising taxes pledge would have ruined him for sure.
Of course he's ok with the fact that businesses will still not hire due to the extra taxes heaped on them thus keeping the unemployment rate high through his presidency.
In my opinion this is not something the Dems should be hanging their hat on. After all, the middle class has seen these tax cuts for years. They won't see a change.
Why doesn't he do something that will help our situation? Thoughts?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• What solutions do you propose? I thought it was the Rs that wanted to continue these tax cuts for all?
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 3:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Man, if I was making 200,000 single, would I need a tax cut? Hmmm.
    Only the middle-class should receive cuts IMO. They are the bread and butter for everyone else and the group that is falling apart at the seems.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No jobs.

I thought Dims wanted jobs?

They want votes, not jobs.

Guess not.

No jobs.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• And he was going to close gitmo too. Don't fret their policies will nail you in so many other ways its not even funny.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yeah, we are within the 50 day mark. He is willing to make nice with Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly if it will get a dem. elected/re-elected. He even said something nice about Bush. Then, he blasts the GOP and Boehner who was willing to concede on the taxes being allowed to expire on people who make over $1 million. PBO not only ignored that, but made negative remarks about Boehner. He can promise anything. He doesn't have to follow through (as we have seen) when it comes down to it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Of course Conservatives are wanting the tax cuts for EVERYONE Obama isn't offering it. In case you didn't get my point..... Obama is willing to let middle class people keep the tax breaks they have been getting for years. There is no effect there. It's already in effect.
    What will have an effect is stopping those tax breaks for the people who create businesses. Obama is willing to let people think he did them a favor while not mentioning that unemployment will stay high because employers making the $200,000 and up range will lose their tax breaks. Do you actually think they will hire then??????
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Sorry, Kenzie, you are wrong there.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Obama is willing to leave tax cuts intact for those making under 200,000, single and 250,000 family

***
    Wait! What's all this about keeping tax cuts for the non-wealthy?!?! I thought Bush's tax cuts were ONLY for the wealthy?! LOL :oP

And I'll believe it when Congress drafts the legislation, passes it, and Obama signs it! Until then, it's just mid-term election talking point fodder!!! :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I find it odd that people don't remember that Obama campaigned on this and has had his proposal in front of congress since last year. But whatever, I think he's right. It was one of the reasons I voted for him.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Last ditch effort to try to get votes for the upcoming election and LoriK makes a very good point, lots of things were promised with the H/C bill but the written language, uhmmm, that NOBODY bothered to read, somehow, didn't allow for those promises, oh well, didn't affect "THEIR" Cadillac plans...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010