• In the Spotlight:

Lumbar Disc

Has anyone had to have one or a few of the Lumbar Discs removed? I need some one to tell me its not going to be that bad. I am not sure what i will be doing. I am suppose to have 3 taken out. They are tore. Is there another solution that i could have instead of all 3 taken out? I am getting a little nervous. Not sure what way to go

Airforce3mom

Asked by Airforce3mom at 3:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

• I've had them removed, replaced, fused the whole lower spine is wired, screwed together. I get around, I do have a lot of pain, but it seems yours is isolated. Also, it depends why your getting this done, if it's a have to, you have no choice, are you in a lot of pain? If so you may not have a choice. Good luck hon and I'm sure if your trusting your Dr, you need to do what he recommends. If he says you can put it off, I would and get another opinion.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 4:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm not sure in your case if this would work but my mom had a similar problem and they fused her discs together. I think it depends on the amount of damage. If your worried why not seek another specialists opinion? I know it may cost more money but in the case of a serious operation isn't it worth peace of mind?
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 4:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my grandmother had a replacement of hers. they act like real ones but arent. it was a new thing she signed up to do
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010