If you had a 5 year old and a 3 year old...

Would you enroll your 3 year old in Kindergarten with the 5 year old, just so they could be in the same class/grade growing up through school?

I actually know someone who's mother did this. It worked, the younger girl graduated HS at 15 and college at 19 but I can't imagine what the chances of that actually happening are? And why anyone would want to push their kids like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was unaware that was even an option...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Most public schools would not allow this.
    It does not sound like a good idea. Siblings need to be individuals.
    The three year old most have been very advanced. Well there only needs to be 13 months difference to have a 3 and a 5 year old. That is not so much.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I wouldnt even do it for my 2yo and 3yo just so they could be together...If the 2yo was advanced, then i'd think about it.
    klockhart

Answer by klockhart at 3:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• The younger must have been very advanced to keep up and graduate college at 19. What works for one will not necessarily work for others.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old.. My 3 year old is in preschool & my 5 year old is in kindergarten.. Where I come from, you cannot start preschool til your 3 and kindergarten til your 5
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Public schools won't allow this. And there is something that is to be said about allowing a child to have a childhood and allowing them to mature with their peer group.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Who know why ppl do things like this. It must made sense to her. I believe in having well balanced children that can survive and interact with anybody.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010