at what age did your child start taking showers instead of having a bath?

my daughter who is going to be 5 in november, just doesn't like showers. she doesn't like the shower head or anything

jdadmommy

Asked by jdadmommy at 3:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DD is 4 and has been showering since she was 3. I never liked giving her baths (I don't feel like the dirty water gets washed off).
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 3:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• About 18 months lol. It got to the point where he would just not sit down in the bath so we started giving him showers, and he did fine. It' quicker and easier too.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Our son is 3.5 and he has been taking a shower for about a year. He will rarely want a bubble bath when he wants to play, but it is very seldom. He does great with a shower. We installed the 2 head shower that has the handle/hose and that is his special shower. lol.
    miraclebabymine

Answer by miraclebabymine at 3:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• DS started at 5, we got an extra clamp and put the shower head at his height and he just loved it, but my neice who is 10 still prefers a bath except when she needs her hair washed.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 3 The tub was inaccessible. I insisted and threw her and her cousin in the shower. Now it is about 50 50.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 5, but as a child i prefered baths too. didn't start showering until i was 18 lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• When It's necessary, I'll let my 3 1/2 year old shower with me, but she prefers a bath.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My son was probably around 2 or so when we started giving him showers. He gets either a bath or a shower depending on if we're running behind at bedtime or if we're just lazy. hehe He loves taking a bath and playing in the water so we'll use that as an incentive for good behavior or eating all his dinner.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My son loved showers and hated baths so he started at around 4 but my daughter (3 1/2) has not showed any interest in taking a shower. She loves taking baths and will wash and then play in the tub for about 45 minutes to an hour.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my 3.5 has taken showers since she was months old. She takes them alone now (I help her). We bought her a "my own shower" at home depot - she loves it

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&q=my+own+shower&oe=UTF-8&cid=17279953792237053494&ei=7N2OTJbBNIOYiQTiqI1c&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010