Do you agree with tripling the EIC?

Since apparently I didn't have enough questionmarks in my original post, It was deleted. Can't have free speech anymore I guess. But that is another question. Do you agree with tripling the EIC? I think it's total BS and not truely helping ANYONE.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????*better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Nice try, get over it. I tryed to btih you out the last time you tryed now its not worth my time GGOO AWAY
    Anonymous

• OMG what? Really, learn to spell before you respond to anything. Seriously.
    Anonymous

• Some people dont have all the time in the world to sit on their a$$. It's really helps some people that had to cut down their hours at work because their child almost died. Then had to physical therepy, speech therepy, and millions of Dr. Apt. They are not lazy just trying to save there child. So get off your high horse before you get knocked off.
    Anonymous

• Please triple the EIC. My husband works his butt off and I cannot as I have a special needs child. We barely get by. The EIC does help people. People like us who are stuck with the crappy insurance that McCain thinks is so wonderful. The EIC pays about 1/8 of our medical bills for a year, money we wouldn't have otherwise. We live paycheck to paycheck. We do not have cable or satellite, we do not have a home phone, we have 1 car (and it's a 20 year old Honda), we do not have any "fun" things like Playstation or a Wii or a big screen TV or an iPod. (end of part 1)
    Anonymous

• (part 2) : My parents pay for our cell phones and internet and that is a stretch for them as they weren't able to save for retirement and must subsist on Social Security. While they receive social security they still have to work to make ends meet (great "retirement" huh? STILL gotta work just to pay bills as the electric and water keep going up, up and away!). So yeah, go ahead and triple the EIC, then I can pay for about 1/4 of our medical bills instead of 1/8 (because every year we wind up having to pay more and more out of pocket).
    Anonymous

• Does it really matter if I agree or not? It won't pass. Remember, both candidates can have all the grand plans they want can promise all the wonderful things they want, but if Congress doesn't actually write a bill that does it and if Congress doesn't actually pass that bill into law, then it won't happen.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I guess democrats can see how people are struggling no matter how hard they work. This way some people can pay their bills and therefore helping the economy.
    Anonymous

• I am assuming you mean Earned Income Credit. Rather than tripling it I would rather see a special credit added for children with disabilities. JMO and just for clarification I don't have a child with special needs and we are poor enough to get EIC every year. My DH is a SGT in the Army so we aren't making big bucks
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 5:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I dont know if its such a good idea but I think it will definitely help those who really need the help. Im a single mom and not by choice. I have a masters degree and a really good job, but I also take care of my daughter by myself. I make too much for any govt assistance. The extra money on taxes could definitely help me save better for my daughters future
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think it would most certainly help low income workers. There seems to be a common misconception that people receiving the EIC don't work. That's just silly. Some people enjoy being teachers, firefighters, police officers, etc. Some people don't have the ability to be CEOs or business owners or doctors or lawyers, etc. Tripling the EIC would help those who need it, causing more Americans to have more money to invest, more money to support business owners, more money to see the doctor.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2008