Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


ok everyone me and my hubby want to get out on our own but we have no car and he works at taco bell and i watch 2 kids and get paied 140 every week he gets paied probley 300 every 2 weeks the thing is my dad owens his own bissnes and he works with him my dad does not pay him but he says that we live in his house so he dont have to and if my hubby dont work he says he is going to kick him out i have 6 sibbilings and watch 2 of them 4rm like 7:00 am to 1:00 pm and dont get paied my hubby payes the light blii 4 the house and on top of that i was in jail because of some stuff so now i got a lot of stuff to pay off i just want to know what u would do how would u make extra money please dont say any thing mean i just need some help. what would u tell ur parents?


Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Is true you are not getting paid good at taken care of two kids.
    it sounds like yall are young,and is true the studio apt are really cheap.and is better then nothing
    look for a job or a part time job. your man really needs a full time job(A MANS JOB)
    not saying taco bell is not a job,just that is mostly like for a single person or student.
    good luck,GOD BLESS

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

  • First, be thankful you have a family willing to let you and your DH live with them. Sounds like they already have a financial burden up on them with 6 other children in the house. If you don't like your situation then find another place to live. If you can't afford it then deal with the stipulations set upon both of you and feel blessed to have a roof over your head.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

  • Put back every dime. I seriously mean empty all loose change at the end of each day into a NO TOUCH can or jar. Save everything you can to get out on your own as soon as possible. It may take some time, but if you want it bad enough you can do it. It is amazing how quickly we have $40.00 in a jar in the closet just from loose change.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

  • i think your not getting paid enough for baby sitting if you ask me. also what would your dad pay your bf if he didn't live there? what you need to do and ask that first and then figure out what kind of income he would be making from your dad and then look at places to rent, then consider all the bills that come with the place, ultilities, water, trash, rent, food etc. then lay them out and see if you can truly make it. it sounds to me like you could get some type of state assistance but not sure but it's worth a try. you didn't say if you had a baby or not. what i think would be best is that your bf goes to school and get an education so that he can get a better job. stay and live with parents until he finishes his schooling.

    Answer by melody77 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

  • A trip is the last thing you should be worrying about. You need to get your life straight, get an education, get a real job and get a place of your own. Then maybe you could think about getting out of town for a bit. Your priorities are way off.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

  • Start saving it might take along time but for now do not get pregnant you will only be adding to your situation. I am assuming you are a young girl (both of you) Just do what you can and help around the house maybe by then you can get your own place be patient. 10 dollars here 20 dollars there it adds up. Good Luck!

    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

  • A trip? I didn't see anything about a trip??
    I would talk to your dad and tell him you can pay X amount of money each month to live there. Figure out how much he works for your dad, and deduct it from his pay. That would be the fair way. If your dad won't go along with it, have your hubby find a different job and move out! I'm sure your dad wouldn't like that idea much since he has a very cheap babysitter living with him. Stock pile a little cash to rent a little apartment and get the hell out of there!! I don't know where you are from, but around here you can get a little efficiency apt for around $300/month. And with yours and your hubbys income, you absolutely should be able to get govt assistance. Assuming you have a child or one on the way.
    Good luck. Hope I helped in one way or another.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

  • if i were you i would start looking for another job. you may be getting underpaid for babysitting (not sure of the hours you work with that). you can make inbetween 8-12 dollars and hour being a nanny. go to and set up a profile or ask around. or you could look for a job such as a secretary or receptionist. if you go to yahoo jobs you can look up jobs in your area. you also should budget your money. write down how much you each make and then seperate your money into bills, spending money, saving money. yes, you should appreciate that you have help, but you can always strive for better. and it is good to ask for advice, or you dont advance. so, dont worry about those who bash you for explaining your situation and asking for suggestions!!!

    Answer by CNehneva at 4:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

  • Maybe you shud try and get a real job and then maybe you and ur hubby can start looking for a studio apt. there usually cheap.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2008