Family pictures after the death of our son, Help

We lost our son Keagen to cancer a little over a year ago, and we are having our first family pictures taken without him on saturday, we want to include him in some form any ideas, it will be me and my husband our other two sons and his twin, i want some ideas.

lolagirlkoch

Asked by lolagirlkoch at 3:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm so sorry. Perhaps his twin could hold a picture of him.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I saw where ppl held a pic of the one they lost . I'm sorry for you loss:(
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 3:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am not sure if i want a picture of him it may be wierd but i will def consider it
    lolagirlkoch

Comment by lolagirlkoch (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Have a child hold a favorite toy of his or an art project he gave you. Something personal you own that reminds you of him. I am so sorry.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That is such a sad thing to ever have to lose a child! I am so sorry!

You could bring in a good picture of him (head snapshot or such) and whoever sits in the front can hold it.

You could have them photoshoppe a picture of the family to have him added in the corner with angel wings and a halo as he is watching over you.

You could have your last family photo together sat side by side in the frame with the new one and underneath the last one have endearing words to him.

You could add a note of love about missing him to the picture.

Maybe take a picture of all of you blowing a kiss up in one direction and then do the photoshoppe thing where you have his picture added with angel wings and a halo? That way it looks as if you are all blowing him a sweet and loving kiss?

Good luck in this trying time.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Maybe an item that had meaning to him can be in the picture? Like a blanket or teddy bear?
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 3:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You could have them add (digitally( your son into the picture.

You could also honor him by wearing his favorite color in some way, maybe shirts or a his favorite flower on your lapels.

I am so sorry for your loss.

God Bless You all.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Wow, I lost my son 26 years ago and we never had a family picture after that. It is just too painful. I sometime regret this.
    I lost my daughter in January and I am thinking of having a picture done of the two of them.
    You could have him digitally added.
    This is such a difficult question. I think it is good that you are going on.
    Is this picture for Christmas cards? Perhaps you could include a seperate picture of your son.
    (((Hugs)))) I am sure whatever you do It will be the right thing for you and your family.
    How do your other children feel about this?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i think you should put a stuffed animal, toy truck, blanket..something that he liked and hust have it in the photo with you. I'm not sure I would hold a pic of him. Maybe you could all wear his favorite color or soemthing more subtle than holding his pic, like a small tribute to him that only your close family members would notice. I'm sorry for your loss!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I lost my oldest daughter in 2005. At first, I absolutely would not take any pictures whatsoever, because I did not want to be without her. Now, I hold a picture of her while taking other pictures or have a picture of her somewhere near in the background so that the camera picks her up as well as my family. You should also consider digital photography.
    kai313

Answer by kai313 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010