I am making apple sauce to can!

Any one else canning? What are you making. I have made pasta sauce, sweet pickle relish, apple sauce, and next I am gonna make peach jam. How about you?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just about done for the season. Already did blackberry jam, blueberry pie filling, peaches, peach jam, peach pie filling, apple butter, applesauce, grape jelly, dill pickles, sweet banana peppers, roasted tomato sauce...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• nope, nothing :), i'm very lazy
    anaw

Answer by anaw at 4:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Aww that's be so fun!! how do you do it? teach me teach me :0)
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i meant that'd be fun :0)
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That is awesome! I don't do any canning anymore because it's hard for me to stand on my feet for long periods of time, but I used to do a bunch of canning when I was younger and my children were little!

I made applesauce (like you), and apple butter, which is pretty much the same except for added seasonings. I often used the apple butter for teacher gifts, including the teachers that were often 'forgotten' - the art teacher, music teacher, gym leader, etc...

I also used to make a wicked chili sauce, which is somewhat similar to salsa. Also just plain canned tomatoes. And canned peaches. Oh, and I tried a few different kinds of pickles too, but I didn't make alot of those.

It's a great hobby and art, one which is somewhat 'forgotten' nowadays as there aren't that many people who do it anymore. Have fun with it and do some exploring with different canning recipes!

~ahh
    ahhmericanwoman

Answer by ahhmericanwoman at 4:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I don't can.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 9:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010