What kind of organic and natural snacks do you buy and from where?

I buy these organic fruit strip things from Target for a box of 10 it is $3 and there fruit drinks in a pouch. Buy some organic stuff from Wal-mart, but they keep getting rid of certain things I buy. Used to buy some organics from Vons/safeway, but don't really shop there anymore. Most of my stuff is from Trader Joes. I miss my Vitamin Cottage in Colorado.
My Jerky is from Jerky Direct. I rep with them and get my jerky free now. I also get some of my lotion and shampoo with their sister company called Jd Premium.
What do you buy that's organic and from where? Oh I found some cereal that was organic at Winco, but don't really shop there either, it's out of my way and not worth the drive. Costco has some great bulk stuff too!

LisaMommy

Asked by LisaMommy at 4:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I do the bulk of my shopping at Trader Joe's, Iowa Meat Farms, Windmill Farms, and the farmer's market.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i buy the organic stuff at Whole Foods, its all organic. EVERYTHING in there....
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Nope not everything in Whole Foods in Organic. I have to be careful looking at produce in their, just like in Trader Joes. You will find stuff in their that is not. You just have to pick and choose, their is a lot of natural stuff too, but not everything Organic. It is EXPENSIVe too, the most expensive store I've been in.

Oh just wanted to add, target has an organic pancake mix, that actually taste good.
    LisaMommy

Answer by LisaMommy at 4:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I get organic foods from my local grocery. They have a section of organic foods. My son is too young for snacks, but I get organic fruits and granola for myself. I buy other organic items at my local health food store.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 4:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I used to buy the organic milk and now switched to the one that states just rbst free from Trader Joes for $3.19 a gallon. The organic milk went up to like $6 a gallon and we go through alot of it.
    LisaMommy

Answer by LisaMommy at 4:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Organic just isn't organic anymore, even the organic growers are adding chemical treatments to the soils. We drink MonaVie, and buy our fruits and veggies from a local grower that grows their produce to full ripeness. I limit process foods intake for my entire family. For juice I buy Welches frozen 100% - the closest I could find to natural.
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Costo sells a big container of dried & lightly salted Edamame for $4.99. My daughter LOVES them.. they're a real healthy snack.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:47 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Not everything at Whole Foods is organic, and much of it is far overpriced...I can get the same fruits, organic, for half what Whole Paycheck charges just by going to the farmer's markets around town.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Most of my organic/natural stuff comes from either Wal-mart or online at VitaCost.com or Drugstore.com
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 12:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2008