Anyone sell on Ebay? What would you do in this situation?

My husband recently sold his IPhone (the first version) on Ebay. The girl who bought it had only made her Ebay account that day and was the first purchase she ever made on Ebay so she has 0% feedback, or however that is. Anyway, she said when she received the phone the sim card tray was broken/jammed, and that the whole phone is broken! She said she took the phone to Apple to buy a new sim card tray and they told her this. First of all, my husband is a BIG computer/phone/techy nerd guy who is super sweet and KNOWS this phone was in working/great condition before shipping it out. The only reason this would happen to the sim card tray would be if she tried to shove her sim card into it the wrong way. Obviously it's internal so it could NOT have happened during shipping. He's a nice guy, but feels like he's getting totally jipped by this person :( He takes returns but this sounds way too fishy...what would you do?! ADVICE PLEASE!

mamie2shoes

Asked by mamie2shoes at 4:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Shopping

• You need to open a dispute. Did you do the payment through PayPal? They will hold the money, gather info from both sides, then give a decision.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• She may me just trying to get the phone for free.
    Did you put no returns? Or as it? on the listing?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Tell her to send it back on her dime. After you receive it, refund her money. Paypal will reverse the charge and take the money out of your account anyway, if she files a disput. BUT!!! She has to send it back with delivery confirmation to prove to Paypal that you received it back. ***If she doesn't send it with Delivery Confirmation, then she has no way of proving that she sent it back to you and she's out the money.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't eblieve her and would refuse to return the product or money. One bad review from a liar isn't going to ruin his Ebay store. She has (being that it really IS a she) probably scammed quite a few people this way and gotten her money back and sent them back a product that they didn't even sell her.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• There is a way to handle disputes through ebay. I had to do this once. It took a long time but it was ebay settled it in my favor.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You need to open a dispute.
    AirForceWife412

Answer by AirForceWife412 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Report the buyer to e bay. File the complaints, leave negative feedback, if it was paid through pay pal check to see if they offer seller protection.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 4:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would just offer her a refund (minus shipping) once you receive the phone back and move on........ That's the professional way to handle the situation.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Another note : His phone was Jailbroken and Unlocked (whatever that means) so WHY would she bring her hacked phone into an Apple store in the first place? ...Another reason she sounds fishy :/
    mamie2shoes

Comment by mamie2shoes (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I sell all the time on there and just recently sold an Iphone so you can PM me for further questions
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010