Is it really possible to only gain 15 lbs?

I started out pretty overweight due to my last two pregnancies and this time I only should gain about 15 lbs. I eat alright... The money is kind of tight right now so I can't eat the best things all the time.
I have a two yr old who is pretty busy but there isn't much I can do around here. Excerise it hard for us b/c we live where there are a lot of steps and getting the stroller down is ridiculous.
Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Believe it or not, going up and down those stairs counts as exercise, and the more you do it, the easier it will be :)
    Anonymous

• I never gained a pound with any of my pregnancies. I lost 20 pounds with the first, 30 with the second and 50 with the third.
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with the overweight and money issues. it cost more money to eat healthy then it does to eat crap. honestly you have to be self motivated. I'm six months and only gained 3 pounds. I have a big belly but my weight gain has'nt been to high. I do lil excercise. drink plenty of water no sodas and limit my intake on junk. try eating a can of corn or green beans instead of whatever fatty food you might usually ingest. as far as exercise watch one fit program on tv and do that.
    Anonymous

• i am over weight and gained i thin 15 lbs so far i am 6 months... today i climbed a mcdonalds play place with my 2 yr old omg was i tired when i got to the top but at least it was some exercise
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• well im 27weeks pregnant with twins and Ive only gained about 10 pounds as of right now its going great for me.
    VILLEDA88

Answer by VILLEDA88 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Anonymous 4:17, can I have your DNA, please? LOL

I'm nearly 18 weeks pregnant and I've gained five pounds. The doctor said I should have gained six, although he's not fussing about it. I'm measuring how I should. I'm a big girl, too, so I'm only supposed to gain fifteen. I think I might go over if I have a big baby ... they're all big! My side, my hubby's side ... I'm having a ten pounder. lol.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 5:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I only gained 9 with my son, so yes :) the best way to seriously keep your weight down (and how I did it..) is to go by a gestational diabetic diet. Literally no sugars if possible. and very little carbs (only half a cup, which isn't much...) meat meat meat, again smaller portions. Vegetables galore, and some fruits as well, (some are high in sugars) that's all you can do, is exercise when you can, and watch what and how much you are eating, by keeping it under control you are still providing for the baby, but not gaining the extra weight. GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 9:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes it is. I am not overweight to start with and my doctor limited my gain to 15 pounds. It should all be baby and nothing more on you. The more you gain the harder your delivery will be and the more chance for complications.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2008