Who thinks this is VERY prejudice?

A friend of mine is going to get her son circumsized,(i dont know why why they didn't do it at the hospital but anyway) Shes going to get her son circumsized, and the doctor doing it has SOMETHING wrong with him to where his hands are bent in towards his wrists. He's completely normal other than his hands.

They're so upset about this saying they don't want this person to be "taking a scalpel to his penis"
I'm sure this doctor wouldn't be doing circumsizing penis' if he had never done it before and if he COULDN'T do it. Hes a certified doctor. Honestly, they are wanting to pay 100 more dollars to get a new doctor because of this.

ISN'T THAT SO MEAN!?! I THINK ITS HORRIBLE!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't blame them. Honestly, it's up to them. We all have a right to make our own medical decisions. Would you want to have a brain surgeon who's hands shake?

Anonymous

• Sorry, but I can't even care about which doctor is holding the scalpel - the fact that a scalpel is going to be cutting a perfect baby just stops me cold. Both my boys are now grown, married, one is a father. They both have said how grateful they are that we did NOT circumsize them - one has a friend who found out that an intact man has incredibly more pleasure making love (his words, not mine) and is really angry with his parents for mutilating him like that. ... Neither boy EVER had any problems with infection, or with any teasing about looking *different*. ... Circumcision - THAT's what's horrible !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• okay away from your beliefs, about circumcision being wrong. okay. i didnt want this to turn into a huge controversy and debate over if circumcision is okay or not. That wasn't my question.
    Anonymous

• For me, I would ask about his experience, if he has done it successfully before, disabled people, no matter their disability, should be given allthe oppurtunities as everyone else. I don't agree with circumcision either, but the friend of yours, in my opinon is just rude.
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 4:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i know!!!! i think shes rude too, im realizing shes a huge freaking snob!
    Anonymous

• Why is that wrong? Maybe they don't feel comfortable. He may be a good doctor but if you think that something may go wrong it's your right to go to another doctor.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I can't say I'd blame them, either for being worried about it. It's such a delicate area to work around. However, if they checked his credentials out, there probably wouldn't be a problem. As you said, he's been doing it for years ... he'd be out of business if it was problematic. But, it's their son, so you can't really do anything. Sorry :(
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 5:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i know i cant do anything katie did i say that? no i think its completely rude and snobby though and i can have my opinion :D
    Anonymous

• Oh, no, I understand. I'm just saying I understand the way you feel, and I would probably feel the same. Obviously if he passed his boards and everything, no one of legal importance had a problem with it. That's all I meant, sorry! :P I should've made myself more clear.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 5:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I don't consider it prejudice,I consider it misiformed and ignorant. This man has probably had to prove everything because of this.Its only my opinion, but, just because of that he may be a better doctor.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2008