What do you think?

I was reading today and this thought came up... I had never thought of things this way, but it was interesting... Here's what it said...

Pagan's are Polytheistic, allowing for people to connect to the God or Goddess which best fits their personality and needs... Christianity claims to be monotheistic in nature however has split off in to so many denominations which allow followers to follow the aspects of their God which best fits their personality and needs...

What are your thoughts?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is only ONE God, with his Son, Jesus Christ, who is a part of Him.

Calling pagans 'polythiestic' would be incorrect, in my opinion, since since the things and creatures they believe in and worship are not gods at all.

Most of Christianity, on the other hand. have warped WHO God really is and created him as it pleases in their own image. They don't follow His laws or commands. I agree with your assessment of modern Christianity.

God made man in HIS image, not vice-versa. He gave them free will, so that they can choose to distort the truth for their own convenience. But distorted truth is still a lie.

Read the 10 Commandments. Those are God's Laws, like them or not. God is the Supreme Ruler, and what he says, goes. It's not a democracy where the majority of the PEOPLE rule, based on what they think.
    ahhmericanwoman

Answer by ahhmericanwoman at 4:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That makes some sense to me. I am not a christian and am sometimes jealous of the choice of churches they have. There is only one syngough in my town and I'm not sure if it is the community I want to raise my DD going to, but I'm having a hard time finding anthing else. I also have many pagan friends of varying sorts. Some follow a more organized form that doesn't really allow for that individuality. But many choose different paths that best suit them. I also have friends who are natve americans (which is considered pagan to most christians) and their religion has been the same for centuries so not really based of their personality either. Many people I know who were raised christian and found that it didn't make sense for them have found some other faith that does - be in buddism, wicca, their oen blend of nature based religion, or advise under a native shaman. The great thing about our country is that freedom.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 4:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Id agree.

Its all about interpretation and opinions no matter what religion or belief system you claim.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Boy, you opened a can of worms there!! I love when people go on religious rants about their GOD. It shows just how closed minded some people are. Worship what you want, just dont try to force it upon others :)
    jdlane1901

Answer by jdlane1901 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I never really considered Christianity 100% monotheistic, no offense. Even the idea of a "Son of G-d" or the trinity contradicts true monotheism.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• " It's not a democracy where the majority of the PEOPLE rule, based on what they think."

Exactly...which is why christians don't have a monopoly on what or who god "truly" is.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• not all pagans are polythiests...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yeah, some are pantheists and others, like me, are henotheists( i believe in multiple Deities, just devoted to one) and i'm guessing there are other types of Pagans i am unfamiliar with. I do, however, believe the OP has brought up a very ponder-worthy question:)
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 12:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I always considered Christianity to be a bit "pagan" the trinity is a very pagan concept, many, many, many pagan Gods and Goddesses are triune.

Paix

Answer by Paix at 3:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't really think that is how it works
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:33 AM on Sep. 14, 2010