Talking...

My son is 13 months old and he doesn't say much. He says the random dada, mama, baba things, but randomly, and not when I try to get him to say it lol He has said what's that, dat, sit, and yeah, but rarely. Anyone have any suggestions on how to help him with it? I'm not in any hurry, but just curious. (Nor am I worried he doesn't really talk) He has his vocal moments, but its just baby talk hehe

Stephernie88

Asked by Stephernie88 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My baby is in the same boat at 19 months...no worries
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That's normal. That is about all my 24 mo grandson talks. We were excited we could get him to say two Sat. on his birthday. Some boys don't talk much until they are 3.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Do not worry. He is where he should be. Just keep talking lots and trying to get him to talk.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My dr gave me a great piece of advice, repeat after them- the sound their making, and that should help to expand their vocabulary. Like he will point to dog and say dah, so I repeat "da. Dog" since I've started this last month, his vocabulary has tripled,and he gibbers more :) so cute! My ds is 14.5 mos btw
    SouthKonaMomma

Answer by SouthKonaMomma at 4:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thanks! I sorta do that now, but I will try to do that more! I usually repeat it, or say oh yeah?! lol
    Stephernie88

Comment by Stephernie88 (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• eh no worries... not all boys chatter that much... no worries... i would reccomend some simple communication through signs... thebabiespick it up SUPER quick and things like milk, ouch, up, down, all done, more... etc are AWESOME!!!
    laaalbers

Answer by laaalbers at 5:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010