Nachos...

im looking for a good nacho cheese sauce that dont harden in 2 min. one that is not too spicy with no tomatos or peppers in

if you are willing to share yours id love to try it!

ashleywilkerson

Asked by ashleywilkerson at 4:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I just buy the Tostitos brand that comes in a jar. It's pretty addicting especially with the Tostitos bite size round tortilla chips.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I love the Tostitos salsa con queso...but it does have small chunks of peppers. And it's "medium" so that might be too hot for some people. Have you tried just Velveeta?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• iv done the velveeta but it hardens pretty quick, i cant have peppers due to stomach issues and my husband despises tomatos
    ashleywilkerson

Comment by ashleywilkerson (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My husband loves nachos, and he doesn't like tomatoes or peppers in it, we usually buy Mission brand Cheese DIp. Place this in the microwave for a couple of minutes and you have yourself a tasty nacho cheese sauce!
    HurleyMom25

Answer by HurleyMom25 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• ok ill have to see if i can find some and try it
    ashleywilkerson

Comment by ashleywilkerson (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I make my own by making a light Bechamel sauce and adding shredded cheddar cheese. If I want it spicy I add some jalapeƱo.
    Two important things: don't let the sauce boil after adding the cheese or it becomes grainy. And two, if you end up with lumps, as it sometimes happens with Bechamel, simply strain the sauce once you've finished it.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010