When did you start your normal period after giving birth??

My son is 9 weeks old and I still haven't had a period! I don't remember it being this long after I had my daughter!

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 4:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

• That was a long time ago for me but I remember that it took a couple of months before it started regularly again.
    Soteria79

Answer by Soteria79 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It would about 7-8 weeks before I got my period but it wasn't normal or regular for about another year.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It took me 7 months postpartum to return to my normal period. Well, to return to my new normal period, at least! :)

If you are breastfeeding, that could be postponing it. Enjoy it while it lasts!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 4:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• With all 4 it was back before or during 6 week checkup, even with breastfeeding. If you are breastfeeding, it could be months before coming back. So different times for different women. If you haven't been careful with contraception, you could be preggers again.

keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm not breastfeeding and I just got my tubes tied Thursday so I'm not pregnant lol
    Mrs.Loeffel

Comment by Mrs.Loeffel (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I didn't get one between my first two pregnancies at all - I got pregnant at 5 months PP... With the second one I got it back around 8 months, but I nursed with both of them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• With my first 6 months and my second 9 months. I breast feed both.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I started mine 5 weeks after I had her. It shocked the crap out of me since I was breastfeeding and didn't know you could get it back that soon (I always heard you didn't get a period while EBF until your baby started solid foods).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my preg book says anywhere from 5 to 15 weeks after it should start again.
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010