Dont you feel it is the same as saying "You raised a self centered brat and you already screwed it all up"??

I hate when people give the advice "dont tell your teen NOT to do that because then they will just want to do it more."

Basically what you are saying is that the person has already screwed up and raised a selfish, self centered brat .... that no matter what the parents opinion is the child wont listen to it... in fact it will make the child want to do exactly the opposite.

IF there is something/someone you dont like you SHOULD talk to your child about it. You SHOULD tell them that you dont like it, dont want them doing it, ect. Silence will not help the situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Not really sure where this came from, but I think that communicating with kids is the best way to keep them from doing dangerous things. Being honest and open is important.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ummm...I pretty much believe that how my child is raised is none of anyone else's business so even if I do agree with their suggestions, I am still going to raise them how I darn well please.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• wow
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 4:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• wow
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 4:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• panties in a wad again?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• no I don't feel it's the same
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Um, wow. But I do feel that if you keep telling someone NOT to do something, esp at the age, that makes them want to do that more. Maybe I am not understanding where you are coming from.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2010