What is a good way to start exercising?

I am WAY out of shape I mean climbing my stairs I get winded! It is just plain sad. My doctor said Curves is a great way to go but I want something I can do and not break the bank!

I have had all the blood testing done and I am completely healthy.

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 4:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Start small and with something you like. I once you realize you can do it, you will want to do more.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 4:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• walk around your neighborhood every morning. it's getting brisker this time of year so do 20-30 to get your heartrate up.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• What state do u live in???? message me, we'll talk.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I call it endurance walking because you can set the pace for the amount of walking that you are capable of doing. Endurance walking is where you set the amount of blocks you can walk and it is a quicker walking pace so it gives the legs and all a good workout. I like it because you can build on it over a period of time.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• walking
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 4:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I start excersing by walking and doing stretches.
    kai313

Answer by kai313 at 7:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You can just walk, as long as you do it at a fast pace, or you can buy you some Walk Away the Pounds DVD's by Leslie Sansone, she is good, her workouts are not that hard, they are east and low impact. And she is fun too.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Walking is the best way to start. It is free and you can go at your own pace until you feel more comfortable.
    SUSAN81900

Answer by SUSAN81900 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• ask a friend to work out with you.
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 4:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Beginning to take walks is so the cheapest and easiest I have ever done. Tennies and time is all that is needed. Take a short walk and begin to add to it daily. 15 minutes is a great start. By the end of the week, you will want to walk more than 30 easily! Good Luck!
    KonaNannie

Answer by KonaNannie at 5:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010