"UK Teen Banned From America Over Obscene Obama Email" Is this a joke?

A British teenager who sent an email to the White House calling President Obama an obscenity was banned from America for life, The Sun reported Monday. The FBI asked local cops to tell college student Luke Angel, 17, his drunken insult was "unacceptable." Angel said he fired off a single email criticizing the U.S. government after seeing a TV program about the 9/11 attacks. He said, "I don't remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk. But I think I called Barack Obama a [expletive]. It was silly -- the sort of thing you do when you're a teenager and have had a few." Angel, of Bedford, in central England, said it was "a bit extreme" for the FBI to act. "The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy." A Bedford Police spokesman confirmed they had spoken to Angel about the email. Officers will take no criminal action.

kenzie07

Asked by kenzie07 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I cannot see this being for real..even though O is a wanna-be dictator

I am not buying this one..unless it's proven
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I could understand taking action if the guy was threatening the president, or constantly harrassing him, but can you really be BANNED from the USA for calling the president a NAME? That's rediculous.
    kenzie07

Comment by kenzie07 (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• His behavior was irresponsible and foolish, but the response by the US is just ridiculous, too extreme unless there's much more that we aren't hearing.
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 4:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• that is so stupid. if bush was still president i bet noone would make such a big deal about it. obama is not god
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 4:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• now if all those who shout/write/blog/whatever obscenities at EVERY potus would go ahead and move outta the country..since this action has never been taken before...we might have more room in our landfills.

do you have a link to this? it does seem extreme, if this is the whole/real story.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I saw the storyline on the MSN homepage. It brought me to the foxnews and yahoo.uk links

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpps/news/offbeat/uk-teen-banned-from-america-over-obscene-obama-email-dpgonc-20100913-fc_9615563
    kenzie07

Comment by kenzie07 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would have to see this information from a credible source, and would like to know the entire story and not just this fools side (I say fool becasue his actions show he acted in a foolish manner, by sending an e-mail while he was drunk).
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• So, it begins. He wants the gov. to be in charge of what you eat, what you drive, how much you make, when you die, what you see on the TV news, what type of banking you can do......tick tock, tick tock, ........How much longer do you think it will take? He couldn't even say the word "terrorists" this weekend. They were a "group of angry men" or a "group of evil men". He is fundamentally changing our country. Now you can't voice your displeasure without being "banned". I can't wait to see if it is really true.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well then, I guess I shouldn't send him the one I drafted last week. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• There's an add-on for gmail that prevents you from drunk-mailing. When it's active, it makes you do increasingly more difficult math problems before you are allowed to send your mail. Sounds like this kid could use it!

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010