Diaper Changing

It's a fight to change my 13 month diaper. He is literally getting ready to roll over before I even put him on the changing table or bed, etc. I seem to recall my sister having a hard time with her son as well. I find myself changing his diaper while he stands up - and that is pretty tough task too. Anyone else dealing with this and got any good pointers?

dubes

Asked by dubes at 5:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yea i change my son standing up i put my knee on his butt to hold the diaper it helps me
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i still have that problem. most times i hold her down with one hand and i have gotten really good with changing it standing up. my husband is even amazed at how well i can do it standing and i actully think its a bit easier then tring to hold them down.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I take care of a 12 month old who will do this and I start singing (plus moving faster!). It stops him cold and I can get the diaper changed. He loves to hear people sing. Just one idea...............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I always pass a toy or picture etc to occupy my son when I am changing him by the time he bores of it I am done :o)
    LuvMyBas

Answer by LuvMyBas at 5:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I just tried my best to hold him down with one hand. You make do with what you have.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• when my daughter tries to roll away i tap her on the bum or give her a book to occupy her...
    laaalbers

Answer by laaalbers at 5:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010