Does anyone else feel like....

...a shell of a person, just moving through the motions to survive? I just want to know that i'm not alone, that someone out there is going through/feeling the same thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• everyone feels that way sometimes...you're in a slump and you don't know what to do to get out....
    at least that's how i always felt...
    I love to bake, so I started baking alot, and spending alot of time with family..
    Family can always help you out...
    It'll get better!!!
    GL Momma
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I get that way sometimes...alot lately. The only thing that keeps me animated is my son! I've had a lot of people in and out of my life lately, and it just gets ya thinking. But I totally understand!
    Stephernie88

Answer by Stephernie88 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Sure I get like that sometimes. I think it's a normal part of life. But we always bounce right back don't we?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes, I feel like that more often than not. Mine isn't a slump, and it isn't depression. But I've been thinking lately that maybe it's because I don't have any romance with my husband any more. We both are guilty of taking each other for granted but we don't even kiss on the mouth anymore, just a peck on the cheek. I want to feel sexy and attractive, even if we don't have sex, but my husband just doesn't care. I never used to think that that factor would be an important part of my identity but now I'm sure it is. And without it, I don't feel like I'm the same person I was 10 years ago when I was still single (widowed but single). I felt sexier then, without a partner, than I do now with a partner. Is it possible that some part of you has changed over the recent past that makes you feel different without it? My DD feels that way because her baby is in the process of being weaned and she can't get his infant years back.
    SweetyPiesG

Answer by SweetyPiesG at 5:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes, I feel like that now. Sometimes i feel like the only thing that will wake me up is a major disaster like and earthquke, tsunmi or hurricane. Sometimes I feel like this is as good as it gets......
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 7:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It depends on where my thoughts are. If I focus on me and what isn't going right then all of the time. If I stay out of myself and work on controlling bad thoughts then life is pretty good, no matter what is going on. I spent too many years stiring my "pity pot". Life is too short to not enjoy it. With enough self-induced pain eventually you will get sick enough of it to learn to truely enjoy life. Learn to live in right now and don't waist your breath future and past tripping. Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• sometimes. i felt like that everyday for a few months after my husband cheated on me. after time went on, it got so i wasn't like that everyday. i still have many bad days, but things are getting better.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 12:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2010