Is anyone going to go see W

If you dont know its about George W Bush. It's the firt time they have made a movie about a president while he was still in office. I think it's going to be funny whether I like him or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• We can't wait... It'll be a date night for us if they ever show it down here in the republican driven Bible belt...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It looks hilarious.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My hubby and I want to see it, but we'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD to rent it.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 5:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I will probably wait for the DVD too, baby is Bfing and wont take a bottle.
    gavrilmom

Answer by gavrilmom at 5:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think Oliver Stone's timing is - revealing, shall we say? Does it smack of Hollywood using the powerful influence of a feature film to sway the attitudes of citizens ? ... In fact, I wonder if the movie would have received nearly as much investor money if it were planned to come out AFTER the election is over ? ... Hmmm: who WERE the investors who put their millions into getting the movie made? Just idle questions that fairly leap to mind ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Oliver Stone is publicly a non-supporter of Bush, but the movie is being hailed as Bush-friendly. Actually, a lot of Oliver Stone supporters are pissed because of the fact. So, if you're implying a political party paid for its production, then conservatives did.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 5:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I supported Bush then, and I support Bush now, but I'm still going to go see the movie! So it makes fun of him, big deal! We all need a few laughs now a days! I support McCain/Palin and was still able to laugh at the "I can see Russia from my house" statement on SNL.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• waldorfmom, what the hell are you talking about? It's Oscar season. Stone wanted to put a movie out now to keep it fresh in the minds of the academy. The election year is a coincidence, and besides it is a movie about our current president, not a future one. Get a grip.

OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 5:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I'm going to see it btw. I love Oliver Stone, well I didn't like Natural Born Killers very much because Juliette Lewis annoys me to death.
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 5:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Would love to, but I think we will have to wait until it is on disc....trying to go see the in-laws for Thanksgiving (3 days drive there and back).
    SandyP0626

Answer by SandyP0626 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2008