is there an easy way to make ur son sleep in his crib

my son has never slept in his own bed and he has to lay right on top of me to go to sleep

samie5491

Asked by samie5491 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put him in the crib, tuck him in and leave the room. He'll get the picture. This is the problem with co-sleeping too long.
    Anonymous

• TRY READING THIS.
    http://www.sleep-baby-sleep.com/ferber-method.htm

hayden was sleeping in our bed for like 13 months . he is now 16 months. i understand completely what your going through. your exhausted im sure. plz read about the ferber method. don't let the cry it out part scare you away THIS REALLY REALLY WORKS. it's what helped hayden learn to go to sleep in his bed on his own and now he sleeps from 8pm to 7-8 am .

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLZ DON'T HESITATE TO ASK. I'M HAPPY TO HELP. WHEN I STARTED THE FERBER METHOD i STAYED ONLINE AND CHATTED WITH ONE OF THE CAFEMOMS AND THEY HELPED ME THROUGH THE FIRST NIGHT.

GOOD LUCK.
    Haydensmommy620

Answer by Haydensmommy620 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yeah, Abby co-slept with me until she was 6 months old, and it was hard even then to transition. But after a few nights they do get the hang of it. It's really hard to hear them scream. As mom, we are supposed to make them laugh, not cry. But if you really want to stop co-sleeping you will probably just have to put him in his room and let him cry it out. Sucks I know....
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 4:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• he sleeps on top of you? how old is he? yeah basically just put him in his own bed and leave the room he'll get the picture.
    dearash

Answer by dearash at 6:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My son had a problem with sleeping in his crib. He just wouldn't sleep. So, I bought a twin bed when he was about 18 months and he's been there ever since. yeah, he's had some hard nights he'll slip in bed with us and 10 min.later I put him in his own bed.
    AJnKurtsmom

Answer by AJnKurtsmom at 7:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It is hard at first but they get the hang of it you just have to let him cry a couple nights it sounds mean but it doesn't last long my daughter went through the same thing. It doesn't hurt them to let them cry it really sucks and it breaks your heart but when they get the hang of it it's not so bad. I put on soft music for my daughter to and that helps calm her down and she doesn't cry as long.
    Amanda_87

Answer by Amanda_87 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• If it was only that easy for me! I always thought that moms who couldn't get their baby to sleep on its own was weak. But not now! My son is 16 months old and just now going to sleep on his own. My husband has put him to sleep ever since he was tiny. and at a year old we tried to get him to go on his own but it failed. He would not quit screaming. I have since tried again with success. I have a routine going of bathtime, then bedtime. Then i tell him to get on his pillow, and tell him good nite. I also have a music player on his crib that soothes him. And i stay in the room with him till he falls asleep.
    3boys2luv

Answer by 3boys2luv at 10:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It works out for me bc the computer is in his room!
    3boys2luv

Answer by 3boys2luv at 10:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2008