HELP!!!!

does anyone have any good recipes for potato casserole that has cheese and cream of mushroom...with no sour cream ?

Rebecca.R.

Asked by Rebecca.R. at 5:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• A lady my parents used to go camping with would make one. It was one bag of frozen hash brown cubes, southern style I think is what it is called. 1 can cream of Mushroom, 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk salt and pepper, I use other spice mixes I have mixed together, and bake at 375 for 45 min to 1 hour, depending on your altitude and humidity.
    Oh hell I almost forgot, I also add shredded cheese to the mixture and I sprinkle some on top, actually a thick layer and a whole lot of cheese, DH is a cheese freak, I cover with foil and uncover the last 10 minutes or so.
    armywife101803

Answer by armywife101803 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Try allrecipes.com, I'm sure they will have something. Also you could probably omit the sour cream from a recipe and maybe substitute mayo or a similar binder.
    miraclebabymine

Answer by miraclebabymine at 5:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think if you slice the potatoes thin, cook the cream of mushroom soup with some water or milk(maybe a half a cup)and most of the cheese together, layer the potatoes like you would scalloped potatoes with soup mixture, potatoes, etc and top with more soup mixture and cheese, bake at around 400 until golden brown it would turn out okay. You could add minced onions to go with the potatoes and maybe some black pepper to taste.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010