I want my coffee :(

Ok so im a little over 10 weeks prego and have been craving coffee, before i got pregnant i was a coffee drinker but stopped b/c i had a change in my work and didnt have time in the mornings to make it. Well now i am craving it non stop but im afraid to drink it lol. Everytime i want to make a pot my mom, SO, and friends tell me no b/c its not good for the baby!! But its ok to have a cup isnt it??

stevynjjsmoma

Asked by stevynjjsmoma at 5:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• up to one cup a day is fine. when i was pregnant and i had coffee i felt sick after... but YES you can have some coffee one cup wont cause any problems. up to one cup a day is ALLOWABLE but ofcorse not reccomended like sooooo many things... but if you want a cup... by all means drink a cup!!! HA HA
    laaalbers

Answer by laaalbers at 5:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• ummm i have the same issue and i drink one every once and a while... just not all the time
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 5:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Try decaf!! The problem with the coffee, isn't actually the coffee - it's the caffeine! So decaf solves the problem! :)
    momof2sweetkids

Answer by momof2sweetkids at 5:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You can have caffine in my baby book and the handout they gave me at my ob I thght it said 400 mg. But that seems high I know they said at least 1 cup a day is fine check on the number my dr said it was ok I do and I see my baby every four weeks and she's fine plusmy sister drank coffee and pop and her kids are perfect never sick or anything lol
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If you are really hankering for coffee, take heart! It doesn't mean that you can't enjoy a good cup of joe', but there are a few safety precautions you should take. You are only 10 weeks along, so if possible try to wait until you're closer to 12-13 weeks before attempting even 1 cup of regular coffee. However 1-2 cups of decaf (usually 98% caffeine free) will not harm you. I don't drink coffee everyday caffeinated or decaf, but every now and then I allow myself to enjoy some coke or coffee. As always, put baby first because s/he is so worth it! But there's ways to still enjoy what you're used to. :-)
    JoyfulJuliana

Answer by JoyfulJuliana at 5:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i don't drink coffee so i don't have to worry mine is tea
    foustjennifer

Answer by foustjennifer at 5:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Coffee in moderation is fine. When i was having bad headaches at about 16 weeks my OB told me to drink more coffee because it was probably my body adjusting to the lack of caffeine in my system. My mom drank caffeine the entire time she was pregnant with me and I came out just fine. :-)
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• One cup is just fine. With my first, I abstained from caffeine, but I worked FT through my second pregnancy and HAD to have it. So I would have a small cup of coffee in the morning. It worked until about week 10 when my morning sickness kicked it up a notch, then I couldn't stand the smell of it.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I work full time as well and i just need some form of caffeine lol. i did also think about decaf which is probably a better choice since im more craving the taste of it. so i will check into that tonight since we have to go grocery shopping. Thanks all!!
    stevynjjsmoma

Comment by stevynjjsmoma (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I work in a restaurant and we went through a pregnancy epidemic and every one of those women drank at least a cup a day...and sometimes it wasn't just coffee, it was like straight shots of espresso. Now I had a friend that would get nauseous if she had caffeine so she had to switch to decaf. I haven't been there yet, so I can't tell you from personal experience, but from what I've observed, unless it makes you sick, you should be fine...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 5:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010