blood???

help ladies??? Im concern that this might be a problem. Im 27 weeks and 4 days into my pregnancy and Im a worried this might harm my baby inside. I have been constipadated for a while, but I do go to the bathroom like normal, but one night I had went to the bathroom & I had troblems going but not too much{sorry about the details} but once i was done I noticed a bright red blood and only when i cleaned my self back and also in my personal part. but only the only time I had cleaned my self in the front part[personal part] it had blood but im guessing it was from the back because it was only once when I had cleaned my self. It was alot like if I have had my period it has happened more then once but once in a while but not during my pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had this same thing happen. When you are pregnant, your blood vessels are more engorged and there are more of them-and that includes areas inside your body like your intestines! When you strain to go to the bathroom, and especially if you are frequently constipated, you may irritate your rectal blood vessels and in effect create an internal hemorrhoid which can be painful and can bleed when you are straining. The other cause could be rectal fissures (little cuts) caused by large and difficult to pass stool.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 5:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• The remedies are as follows: drink lots of water, WALK (yes, it helps), eat salad and raw fruits and veggies, avoid cheese and foods that increase your constipation. Also, Colace is a really really gentle stool softener that I was afraid to take but was SO glad when I did. Colace doesn't make you cramp or have diarrhea. Use witch hazel wipes (Tucks brand) to cleanse your bottom after you use the bathroom. You've got to stop the constipation so that your hemorroid/fissures can heal. Good luck!
    laadeedah

• P.S. you didn't and will not hurt your baby. you're both fine. :-D
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 5:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2008