any1 else have this problem w/ new glasses?

okive been wearing glasses since i was 4 years old im 24 now so thats 20 years. omg its so wierd to say that ive been doin something for 20 years lol. neway i got a new pair of glasses 2 weeks ago, and i have not gotten used to them yet. everytime i put them on well the only thing they do for me is make things bigger which is a good thing for me, but after a while things still become blurry and it feels like i have to strain my eyes to see sometimes, and they give me insane headaches. so i wet and talke dto my doctor and she said to wear them for another week , that i was having problems because i havent worm glasses in like 2 years but ive gon longer than that b4 and had no problems w/ new ones. so my question is have ne of ya'll had this problem b4?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

• maybe they're the wrong prescription

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have and after getting my glasses remade 3 times, we finally figured out the problem, I needed more of a curve on my lense because that is what I was used to. Newer glasses have a flatter curve because it makes the lenses less thick, but I don't care how thick they are, I just need to be able to see without getting headaches and nausea. Another reason you can get the headaches & nausea is because the prescription part of the lense was not centered correctly in the frame and you're not seeing out of your glasses correctly. I hope you can get it figured out soon, because there is nothing worse than feeling sick everytime you put your glasses on.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 5:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am actually an optician and work in an ophthalmology clinic, it sounds like you have the wrong prescription... did you just have a baby? or are you expecting? the hormones in you body from the baby even up to a year past giving birth can effect your vision, so make sure your optometrist knows if you had or have a child.
    c0rpsman4life

Answer by c0rpsman4life at 5:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It took me a couple of weeks to adjust to mine. I would get dizzy wearing them if I was walking around a lot. I've adjusted though!
    EMMYBEARSMOMMY

Answer by EMMYBEARSMOMMY at 5:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i had the same... they switched the scrip with someone elses... i would go back to your eye glass place to get them checked out
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010