why do kids 2 or 3 years of age have to ask so many ?

foustjennifer

Asked by foustjennifer at 5:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Developmental turning point- it is how they learn, NEVER discourage a child from asking questions.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• this would be the time the learn so many new things. it gets them ready for when they grow into an adult
    BERUMEN

Answer by BERUMEN at 5:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i know it is just sometimes they don't know when to shut up
    foustjennifer

Comment by foustjennifer (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well........ I know some adults who do not know "when to shut up." Sometimes it doesn't have anything to do with a person's age :o)
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Sherribeare made me laugh out loud =)

But seriously....they'll ask the same thing 100 times...repetition is one of the learning tools. As another poster stated, NEVER discourage a "why"....you'll miss it when they're older and think you know nothing and they've got all the knowledge of the universe o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My son is 3 and is now the king of questions. He keeps asking questions on the same topic until we eventually hit a question that just has no answer. I think it's great that he wants to know things but it can drive you nuts by the end of the day. He also will keep asking the same question if he doesn't like the answer! I've learned that if I ask him what he thinks the answer is, that will end the line of questions and make him realize he knows the answer already. (without discouraging him from asking questions!)
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• They are learning every question they ask they learn.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I agree with everyone. They ask questions and they learn. I will sometimes ask my daughter questions after answering hers just to get her little brain going. Sometimes it will be about things she has already asked me and I have answered. Some times it is silly things that I know she can answer right away.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• because it is their favorite thing to do! haha i remember that phase and i have so many friends now with little ones that LOVE to ask tons of questions. i know it can get exhausting, but it is pretty cute.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• it's how they learn
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010