Did your husband watch the football games on Sunday?

I find it hard to believe that my husband can sit on the couch yesterday watching football for a few hours. Granted, I'm not a football fan but even if I was, that's why they have DVR. I bust my ass 24/7 around the house and taking care of our son and I can't tell you the last time I sat down to watch tv - I'd rather go to bed at night if I find myself some spare time. Just wondering if any of you moms were in the same boat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh yea...Cowboys and Red Skins. I love having him watch....gives me a few hours to myself! :-)
    KonaNannie

Answer by KonaNannie at 5:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yep, every Sunday... Monday... Thursday... whenever the games are on. He also plays semi-pro football for our local team. I don't mind it, he works hard and really enjoys it, and I enjoy watching the games with him. SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my Husband was out of State for work but I had it on all day. :) Granted I can watch the game while cleaning the house/foding laundry but if he wanted to just park it, thats fine by me. He works hard, he deserves it. I understand though, as a football lover myself, how important it can be.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Ah, so you are a "football widow" eh? I married a computer geek, so my issue is computer games. Anyway, I would let him know that you want and need some quality time with him, and could you schedule it on the calender. That, or you might negotiate some "mommy time" from him so you don't end up feeling resentful. Everyone needs their own down time.

Good Luck. (and yes...that IS what DVRs are for! Rock on Mama!
    VonMom208

Answer by VonMom208 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Face it, you cant beat 'em- so join 'em! I LOVE football! We watch together. (But I do get up to take care of laundry on commercials)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I watch with him...so it works out
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 5:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• We both watched the Banjo Bowl (google it if you want, it's CFL), went out to watch a local major team play, then watched some NFL after that. That was after college ball and our son's pee wee team on Saturday and the high school team he coaches on Friday. This coming weekend we're heading to watch his alma mater's team (where he has a couple former players) play. I'm going to miss my team's game on Friday night unless we go somewhere that has the NFL Network (they're airing some CFL games this season).

I love football, so it's something we do together and as a family.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My BF is sooo obsessed with football. He revolves his life around it and I hate it. It take up so much time that can be used doing lots of useful stuff. Football has ruined so many good men LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jaja202

Answer by jaja202 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well my hubby dont like football so no for him, but I LOVE it so yes I watched it all day yesterday
    ladyluck1996

Answer by ladyluck1996 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• not this sunday but normally yeah from the season opener of the CFL until the last games are played he is glued to the couch on sundays and monday nights.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010