Should I take him?

My friend is supposed to babysit tomorrow but both of my parents have had a stomach virus. My son is fine but she has a newborn. I'm not sure if he can carry the virus without showing symptoms of it. I really need to go, it's for a possible job but I would hate for her newborn to get this crap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

• Discuss it with her. If she is ok with it, just remind your son (or have her do it) to wash his hands frequently and not touch the baby's face or hands.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i hate viruses my son had gotten one im sure he got it from my friends neices n nephews , we had went to their house about a week later he got it i didnt think it came from them n later found out that they had had one 2 weeks prior, my ds lasted for about a week then went away then came back about a week later.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• just tell her about it and tell your son to stay away from the baby cause he might get the baby sick. im sure he will understand, also bring hand gel for her so he can use it.
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• he can definitely carry the virus ask her how she feels about it. Lots of hand sanitizer and keeping the kids far away from each other should be enough to protect the newborn but ultimately its her decision
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010