airplane ride with 2 year old any advice

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Distraction!!!! if they have a favorite toy, some sugar less candy ( dont need Hyper) , coloring books crayons , just be prepared.
    MystikSky

Answer by MystikSky at 5:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had this question not to long ago myself .. I haven't flown yet lol but a few suggestions that were given to me were : new toys brought out just for the flight, a portable dvd player with movies, healthy snacks, and if possible fly during a time they are more likely to fall asleep. Good luck :o)
    LuvMyBas

Answer by LuvMyBas at 5:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Snacks that they like. I went a couple months back and my son did well. I was super surprised b/c we flew without his daddy holding him. On the way to my parents he was crying half the time..but he was tired and couldn't lay down. Flying home, he slept...yay. Bring favorite toys too.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• everyone always suggest giving them a drink during take off and landing, but I found it really difficult to get them to drink during a specific time and for the whole time. Gummies or chewy snacks work much better! Definitely bring lots of things to keep them occupied :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 5:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Don't take the red-eye! We did that once and Silver was up the whole time. I felt very bad for the other passengers who had to listen to me shushing and trying to convince him to sleep.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Buckle their seat in with the airplane buckle upside down if not it's almost impossible to get your hand in there and pull the latch up.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Benadryl. My daughter has had allergies all her life, but when she was young & we would fly, I would wait to give her her medicine until a half hour before the flight. She would go right to sleep!!
    jdlane1901

Answer by jdlane1901 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I bought some sticker books from Walmart for my 2 and 5 year old. They LOVED them. The only time I buy them is when we take trips. They get So excited.
    803mandy

Answer by 803mandy at 7:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Take more food than you think you will need. My DIL flew with her kids once and packed twice as much food as they usually eat. They had several delays and all the food was needed. Enjoy!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I let my daughter take a little backpack full of toys and snacks. Once we're in the air, I put down the tray and let her play and snack. And I always sit way in the back near the bathroom in case we need to change a diaper. Sitting by the window is also a good distraction. My daughter liked watching the clouds.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 9:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010