Cooking & Baking

I'm trying to become a better cook and baker. I also want to learn to decorate desserts for all occasions. Now that I have some extra time I figured I'd work on those. Do you know any good cooking, baking, and dessert making tv shows or websites for beginners?

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• AmericanCakeDecorating.com

Wilton.com

CakeCentral.com

Mixingbowl.com

CarrieGemenon19

Answer by CarrieGemenon19 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I love allrecipes.com. They have some great advice for everything from beginner to expert.
    caitybird

Answer by caitybird at 5:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• For the TV part, if you have cable - Food Network, Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart , as well as others -and PBS stations also have some programs in the morning hours. As for books - just dive in there! If you see one that attracts your attention or the pictures look like you'd like to give it a try - get it!. All magazines have recipes in them, and with the holidays coming up, you can create tons of good and yummy things. Websites to: Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Hershey, and just about any name brand related to cooking and baking has a website that can give you tons of ideas. Experiment and HAVE FUN :)
    MsIrene05

Answer by MsIrene05 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Take a class.
    diamondchic

Answer by diamondchic at 6:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You can watch the Food Network, and check out their magazine and website. Cooks.com, allrecipes.com, recipezaar.com and epicurious.com.
    I recently joined Top Chef University (www.topchefuniversity.com) which is an online course, so if you don't mind paying, it's a pretty complete course.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Cake boss I love to watch that, and Paula D, theres so many, try the cooking channel, and the food network=)
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 7:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• A good site to check out is baking911.com.
    Chek out YouTube for cake decorating ideas, tips and stuff. I have found alot of helpful info there.
    I recommend cakecentral.com also.
    I have found the Wilton videos at our library as well as some good books on the subject.
    Practice as much as you can.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm trying to do the same thing lol its not easy.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010