is it harder to raise a girl or a boy

foustjennifer

Asked by foustjennifer at 5:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• a boy...lol my 2 1\2 year old daughter was so easy but my 1 1\2 year old son is hard headed...lol but i love both of them the same
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have always heard it is harder to raise a girl. I have two daughters 10 and 3. and a boy in the middle (7). He has Asperger's Syndrome (mild autism) and that makes things much harder! In my life, at this point... it's a tie!
    VonMom208

Answer by VonMom208 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• well i have 2 boys 21months& 4 yrs, they are botha a handful, now we just got custody of my 14yr old step daughter trust me she is a handfull as well, she can play it off real good though,they act out in different ways because of their ages but its hard either way.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have 2 girls and 2 boys..Boys are so easier. girls are too drama, Boys could care less..lol
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have 2 of each and I find the girls to be more challenging.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I raised three daughters with not too many 'speed bumps'. I was on the strict side when it came to rules and boundaries. I have been raising my grandson since he was born, and is now thirteen - and Good Night! - what an experience. I love him to pieces, but he is quite the challenge for my 'ol rules and boundaries.
    MsIrene05

Answer by MsIrene05 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have twin boys that are almost 21, a 15 yr old daughter, and a 13 yr old son. Each one of them has had their challenges in raising. Neither has been easier or difficult based solely on gender.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• fortunately, my firstborn was a son....low maintenance, no drama. three years later, my daughter was born. God love her, she's the antithesis of her bro'. i love them both dearly, but if i'd had a girl first, i'd have stopped right there :)
    CFMPprincess

Answer by CFMPprincess at 5:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Boys are harder when their young because they have so much energy, but girls are harder once you hit the teen years because they have so much drama.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have had 3 boys and 1 girl of my own and raised a step son also and my girl was far more harder to raise then my boys were.
    boydsbearlover

Answer by boydsbearlover at 6:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010