rh negative

I just found out im rh- in my blood type its crazy i told my mother and she said that it was wierd that i had that blood type but today i had gotten my blood drawn and given a shoot to prevent the baby from being harmed of anything. does any one have rh- blood type

VILLEDA88

Asked by VILLEDA88 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yep. I do. I had to get that injection too. It's no biggie.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I do. It's nothing to worry about if this is your first child...it's in the kids to come that the problem can come up. All my children are rh+, like my DH. I am the only rh- in the house, I had my shots with all of my pregnancies. Even had to have a series of tests to make sure I had not been "sensitized" and the blood of my child and myself had come into contact. I have 3 healthy happy children.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It's not that you have Rh in your blood it's that your negative. It's protocol. Nothing to be worried about. They test every mother for her blood type. They give you a shot because it's likely your baby could be Rh positive. If this is so then your blood is not compatible with his/or hers. The only time this would be a problem is during labor or if you had an invasive procedure such as an amnio. Now that you have had the shot, it should not be a problem with your next pregnancy.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 4:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes,
    I have B- Blood Type, My Husband was AB+. We had 2 Boys, a shot for each Boy. They are both fine, Healthy, one is 40 and the other 45!
    MotherBee234

Answer by MotherBee234 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i don't but my mother does and i'm the eldest of 4 children. so, i'm pretty sure theres nothing to be worried about cuz were all fine and i have 3 children of my own
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 5:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My blood is AB- and my hubby is O+ so I had the shot too, it's no big deal it's just to make sure nothing happens. My mother has negative blood and my father has positive, they have 13 kids together, she had the shot for every one of us and we are fine.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I am A -... and I had no clue until I was pregnant with my daughter. Both my parents are A+, so I too found it weird. however, my grandmother on my mother's side (her mom,) is also RH negative, so I can only assume that my mom was a possible carrier of that gene and it was passed to me.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 8:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Secondly, the reason for the shot is not for the first baby at all to be honest. It is to protect you in future pregnancies as your body will see the baby as a harmful intruding object, and attempt to rid itself of it. Although my grandmother had three children, she also had several miscarriages in between, and they now know that was the reason why. It's not a guarantee that you will miscarry future children without the shots (one during the pregnancy, and one at the birth;) however it is a great possibility. Good luck and everything will be fine :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 8:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008