pecent of getting pregnant?

Hi, Okay a month ago my husband had a vasectomy and around that time my pill prescription ran out now I am almost a week late, can someone tell me what the chances are of getting pregnant after a vasectomy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• THIS IS WHAT I FOUND

A vasectomy of any type ranks among the most effective means of protection from pregnancy. Although no procedure is totally safe or effective, the failure rate for a vasectomy is less than one percent. (By comparison, the failure rate for latex condoms is 12 percent or more; for diaphragms, it's 18 percent.) Couples who want a highly reliable and permanent form of contraception often opt for a vasectomy where the success rate is over 99 percent.

florezitta10

Answer by florezitta10 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• II PART:

Does it work immediately?

No, any vasectomy does not make you sterile right away, and you'll want to continue using some other means to guard against pregnancy until your doctor tells you otherwise. Immediately after a vasectomy, active sperm remain in the semen for a period of time. It may take 15 to 20 ejaculations and several weeks before your semen is free of sperm. Your doctor will test the semen, perhaps several times over several weeks, and let you know when you can safely consider the vasectomy to be complete. This may be as long as two months.

florezitta10

Answer by florezitta10 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• you are supposed to wait up to 3 months before having unprotected sex... they should do a SA to see if he is sterile...GL
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 3:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2008