Should I worry?

Okay so I just got a job and i start tomarrow and work 8 hours. And so My daughter father is going to watch her. But heres the thing i have never been away from my daughter no more then 1 hour or less and her father isnt around her too much he lives with us but doesnt do what i do everyday since she was born. I'm worried that if i'm not there is she going be okay?. I just dont want her to throw a fit cuz i'm not there.

QueenMandy

Asked by QueenMandy at 6:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She'll probably throw a fit, but its a good thing. And making her dad BE a dad? An even better thing! Relax, as long as the guy isn't a lame brained drug addict, she'll be fine. And the separation will do your daughter good, she needs to know that mommy has other responsibilities or she'll get spoiled on you. My sister-in-laws son screams whenever she leaves the room, even to go to the bathroom! She has been with him every moment since birth (he'll be 2 in december) and now that she NEEDS to find a job, he can't handle being without her. Its a long and hard thing to get over, so its better that your daughter doesn't start!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 6:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I was with my son 24 hours a day and my husband was with him a lot also. We couldn't do anything with out him screaming and crying. Eventually we put him in daycare. The first three days were horrible for me but after that it was wonderful. Our son will play by himself now and we can actually leave his sight now and he is fine. The separation helped us out tremendously, even tho it was hard at first it was. Worth it
    bandcmaitland

Answer by bandcmaitland at 6:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No, you should not worry .... Congratulations on the job.
    If Dad has a question there is always the phone.
    bergencounty

Answer by bergencounty at 6:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Write down her schedule and any details he needs to know.........how you get her to sleep, etc. He can call you if there are any problems. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It will be hard, but it is good for all of you--just remember that through your day.

While she may not understand, explain that Mommy will be back later and that you'll play or read a story or something. When you get home, she'll likely be happy to see you and you can tell her that you told her you'd be back. The harder part may be her father; he may tell you how hard it was / is to care for her all day. Hard as it may be, try to refrain from stating the obvious that you know (won't get you anywhere).

Good luck and congrats on the new job!
    newmommy0409

Answer by newmommy0409 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Honestly, she will probably throw a good fit! It may be good for the two of them to get some bonding time too. She will be fine as long as you trust her daddy to do the best he can taking care of her! It will probably be harder on you than on her. Good luck with your new job!
    laffin4fun

Answer by laffin4fun at 10:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You will worry no matter what we say!! I did the same thing except my daughter was with me and with my best friend while I was at work, when my hubby would get off or have a whole day off, she still went to day care. So finally I said enough is enough and he needed to watch her when he was off. I was a mess! I love my husband, but he doesn't do things the way I do them. Bottom line is she will be fine and he will be fine. And their relationship will be better for it. There may be some fits (from them both!) and it may not go as smoothly as it would if you were there but they will make it! Also something I learned with my husband is to let him find his own way of doing things with them. It doesn't have to be done my way, just done!
    nvywfemomof2

Answer by nvywfemomof2 at 2:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2010