National guard info please!!!

My SIL joined the National Guard! I am very proud of her my only concern is her ten month old. We have told her we would help her with what ever. My question is what are the steps she will have to take? How will her baby be effected? How soon does this process begin?

countryhotmama

Asked by countryhotmama at 6:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• the recruiting office should be able to give all the answers she will need
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am the one with questions!?! LOL My DH went with her but then he had class tonight so I am here all night wondering about it all.
    countryhotmama

Comment by countryhotmama (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My son joined December of 2008 and was able to defer his training until he finished his Spring semester of college. Left for Basic Training in July, graduated from that in October 2009, left immediately for Advanced Individual Training and graduated from that in March 2010. He is Reserves at the moment, so only has to do his drills every month and the two week stint once a year, but he was unable to go back to school this fall due to having to work 2 jobs, so he may end up going Active since he might get deployed since he's not in school and at least by going active he would get money for housing, a monthly pay (more than his drill pay) and spousal separation pay. She should be able to ask her recruiter or a chaplain in her unit what assistance is available for her baby. Wish her the best for me, I am a military daughter (Marines) and mother (Navy and National Guard)
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 8:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010