What does your child have a knack for?

My 3yr old daughter has blown us away lately with her knack for identifying things by their logo, a small picture, general color/shape, etc. For example, at the video store, she'll say..."Mom, I think I will like this movie because I've watched movies by these people before". Then she'll point out a fingertip-sized logo on the back of the box that I hadn't seen.

We went and picked up a pizza - once, months ago - at a chain restaurant. Just recently we were driving through a new town and she said, "Look Mom, they have the pizza place too". She identified the business by its small awning & font as we drove by. I was stunned.

She'll watch a movie and then come to me an hour later with little pencil drawings of all the characters, with details that I don't even remember seeing! Haha

I guess I'm just blown away because she's only 3. It's amazing to me how she can pick up on so many things her own parents don't see!

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 6:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That's pretty cool. It is amazing to watch them develop into little people isn't it? There is nothing that is popping into my head that my daughter does but I wanted to say way to go for your daughter any way! ;)
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• lmao that video thing reminds me of my 2yo..... he can spot a hit entertainment logo a mile away! my baby girl is good at finding the moon in the daytime sky (she calls it mooooooooooooooo lol). the 5yo is really good with the computer and navigating the mouse and playing all the computer games on disney, nick jr or pbskids. i would say overall they all have a knack for getting on my nerves and pushing my buttons though. they're excellent at that!!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My son has always been really observant. He would notice things on the way to the day care I worked at and would tell me where to turn or what was coming up around the corner.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• isn't it amazing the things they remember? little sponges I tell ya!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My son is obsessive with spelling every sign he sees. He learned his letters.:))))

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yeah, marketing people are DEPENDING on our perceptive children to see those things!
    They notice EVERY LITTLE DETAIL...it's enough to make you down right afraid of what they pick up from us!

My can spot an animal or picture of an animal from a mile away...it's so cool how he'll zero in on those things.
    DS (now 2 1/2) love to sing..and he'll make up songs now but he started singing almost in tune! He has good rhythm so I'm very optimistic about his sharing in music with his musical mommy :)
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Pointing things out is a thing my son does.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Reading =) She's just very good with words in general, reading, writing, and speaking.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• For over a year now my son has been pointing out different kinds of cars and naming them. It started with just DH's car and mine but now he can name most of the cars on the road even if it's just Chevy or Ford or etc. It's pretty funny, you'd think DH and I were car fanatics but we aren't! He also picks out logos of restaurants/stores and is always telling me which roads to take to get us where we are going lol.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 3:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maddox can tell you the make and model of TONS of cars. He's 2 1/2 and it's shocking to me! We were buying a car a few weeks back and Maddox was like "WHOA! LOOK AT THAT CORVETTE! Can we get that one?!?!" (The answer was "no"! haha!)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 5:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010