CT Adoption Question

Does anyone know if I HAVE to use an adoption agency to adopt in CT? I have already adopted once through an agency and it's absurdly expensive. Now the bio Mom of my son is pregnant again and would like us to adopt it. We would LOVE to just use lawyers if possible. Does anyone know???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Adoption

• Yes,u can use lawyers,but adoption lawyers. Call one up and see what she/he says!!!! Good Luck!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Just make sure you use one that specializes in adoption, because you want to make sure it is done correctly. You'll need to have an updated home study, too.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I know some states do not allow this. That's why I ask. We had a home study done 9 months ago because we were looking to adopt agin. I think they are good for up to 2 years...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• As long as BOTH parents agree than using lawyers are the way to go. Agencies are ridiculous anyways.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Are you a foster parent? If you are a foster parent the child can be placed in your home immediately and the rest of it can be worked out. I am a social worker and you must have gone through a rooty tooty agency because there was barely a charge... My mother adopted my sister and the cost wasnt that much either.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 10:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• no..I'm not a foster parent...I adopted my son through an agency 2 1/2 years ago and have an open adoption. That is why Mom wants us to have the new baby.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I found out that I can't.....I only can if I am a relative...so sad...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2010