Our Voting youth this dumb?

Campus Progress, the college spinoff of the Center for American Progress, decided to do to get people to vote in the midterms.

The organization is highlighting a submission to its VoteAgain2010 video contest that argues that while Bieber can't vote in our midterms (he's both too young and too Canadian), shouldn't you?

"This isn't your standard election year video of celebrities asking you to vote," the ad says. "It's us, asking you to vote for celebrities who can't, celebrities like Justin Bieber. Bieber's too young to vote, yet whomever we elect in the 2010 midterm elections will impact his future and ours. ... So tell your parents, your grandparents, your Facebook friends. ... If they won't do it for you, ask them to do it for Bieber."
http://www.politico.com/click/stories/1009/midterm_bieber_fever.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Plus the center for American Progress is a George Soros organization,  and the young people voted for Obama. I would say that is a double whammy right there.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• LOL...Don't you mean "ARE voting youth this dumb?" Sorry, buy irony is funny! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think they are appealing to the wrong demographic. No one of voting age can tolerate Justin Bieber!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Lol, too Canadian. Gag. If my vote is "For Bieber" it definitely wouldn't be a positive vote for anyone else.
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 7:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Do it for Beiber? Really? Wow. And yes, I fear that SOME of our voting youth really may just be this dumb.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Considering who got this man in the office he is in, I say absolutely they are this dumb. I just pray they really don't care too much about Beiber now that they are in college... In any case, I think the parents have wised up a bit, and will vote the way THEY feel is right, not vote how their new college freshman who doesn't follow politics to begin with thinks they should.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Not only is Bieber too young he is also Canadian... but as a Canadian, if you want him you can have him.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 7:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• REALLY????
    donttakenocrap

Answer by donttakenocrap at 7:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Wasn't it mainly the youth vote that got PBO in the White House in the first place? Does that answer your question?
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2010