How do I get a "set-in" stain out?

I just bought some cloths off of ebay for my daughter and their are some pretty good stains on them. If I would of known they were stained I wouldn't of bought them. Does anybody have any ideas how to get it out?

Makaylasmomma07

Asked by Makaylasmomma07 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They sell some high-powered spray and wash type products (usually they say heavy duty) but even they only say they get out "semi-set in" stains. Good luck!
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 5:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I found that Dreft stain remover spray works really well. It seems to work a lot better then some of the other things I tried for my sons clothes. He's a very messy child and sometimes his clothes get thrown in before I even notice the stains, but when I do notice them, after they've already been washed and dried, I put they spray Dreft on there and it usually works. Hope I helped, Good luck!
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 5:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I love shout but only the gel not the spray. It always gets stains out of my daughters clothes. It has a little scrubby thing on the top that you scrub the gel in with. It gets some set in stains out. Depends on how set in they are though. I hope you left some really bad feedback.
    nicholeml

Answer by nicholeml at 5:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would put them out in the sun. I cloth diaper and that is how I get rid of all my stains. The sun has natural bleaching powers.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 6:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I've heard that if you pour coke into your washing machine with the clothes it will get the stains out. Never tried it, but I bet it would work since it will eat battery acid...
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 6:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I use that dreft laundry stain remover stuff that another person her mentioned, and also I LOVE Spray and Wash resolve power stain stick. I swear it works for everything!
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• wouldnt try cole since it will stain teeth, imagine it would stain clothes. I use oxy clean for laundry stains.
    zephyrablue

Answer by zephyrablue at 9:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Use simple green all purpose cleaner if you can find it. That stuff will take out anything, I swear. It's also non-toxic and all that. Here's their site : http://www.simplegreen.com/

When I don't have that at home I just use spray n' wash but only the stain stick.. I find that the sprays never really work for me.
    detroit.mommy

Answer by detroit.mommy at 1:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2008