What's the most money you've ever found while doing your family's laundry?

I just did about 2 weeks worth of laundry (for 2 adults and 5 kids...ugh) and I hit the motherlode. I found $30.01 in the laundry! Has to be a record for me. It's all mine now. I didn't even tell my husband I found it because he'd want his money back. He should learn to empty his pockets before throwing his stuff in the wash.

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 7:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I once found $100 bill in a pair of pants I hadn't worn in a long time. I wore them early in my pregnancy, but one day decided they didn't fit anymore, took them off and put them in the closet about half way through the day. After I had the baby and worked off some of the weight, I wore them again. When I washed them, I found the bill int the pocket.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:20 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• There is a rule, that whoever finds money in the washer or dryer gets to keep it. I found a $20 one time and was thrilled. LOL Mostly its just change though.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 8:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Like $2.00 but whatever I find I keep!!!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• $200. But in truth, I knew it was there and it was mine.

I'd cashed a check and tucked the money in my jeans instead of my wallet,for some DUMB reason. Then tossed the jeans in the wash without checking my pockets.

Series of stupid events....
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 20 to 50 every other week when he was workin
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• A friend's husband announced that all the money she found in the laundry was hers... because the kids were notorious for leaving crap in their pockets. About 2 weeks later she picked up a wad of more than $700, soaking wet in the washer.

After a brief struggle, she did keep it, 'cause he was pretty mad... but it was his rule, so... ha ha!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I want to find $700 in the washer, talk about the mother load! LOL The most found was $20
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Probably $20, but this weekend I was cleaning out the trunk and found $40 in a brown paper bag that I almost threw away!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Usually nickles and dimes, but once, I found a cell phone! My step-son did not check his pockets and neither did I. =/
    JavaMused

Answer by JavaMused at 7:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• LOL- Wow you did get lucky! If he does ask, say. " What money? I thought that was a tip! :) "
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010