I need help with a TTC Question.....

I have come to realize that I do not think I can have children. I was sitting here last night and it came to me that in the past 7-8 years of my life, I have been with now 4 different men (1 was almost 5 yrs and the one I am with now has been 2.5 years) In any case, I have NEVER even had an oops I think I might be...NOTHING. BUT......the first guy, well, he cheated on me and omg....the girl got pregnant ( I was on bc with him tho) Then the next guy, I was with almost 5yrs....we were TRYING to have a baby...NOTHING....omg, he cheated on me and got the chick knocked up....THEN I was with this guy...it happened and just didn't use anything (at this point I am kind of desperate to have my own) NOTHING...BUT he then dated my now best friend and OMG....SHE GOT PREG....so now I am with the man I want to marry...we are both 27 and I desperately want a child...NOTHING is working. The DR says, "you have all the right parts so I don't...

tnkrbell860

Asked by tnkrbell860 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• see why you can't" It just frustrates me soooo bad that I haven't been able to have a child, yet it seems EVERYONE around me is. I am 86lbs, eat fine, don't really have any stress....I just don't know what is going on. All my siblings can/have children....why not me??? :( My period is usually irregular...but even still...I get it most times....I just don't understand...it makes me so upset. Any advice???
    tnkrbell860

Comment by tnkrbell860 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would go to a gynecologist.. have more tests done. Blood work etc. if you have not already.. All things come with time.. It also can depend how long you were on birth control have had friends who took many months before they were able to conceive because their body was trying to adapt back to getting the birth control out of their system...
    PartiesbyGrace

Answer by PartiesbyGrace at 7:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I haven't been on BC since I was 21...so it has been 6 years....The gynocologist is the one told me that I have all the right parts so i don't see why you cant......AND she was a "specialist" I just started crying last night when I came to realize that my past few exs have cheated on me or got with another girl and they got pregnant....I had a LEEP surgery when I was 21...do you think that may have something to do with it??? :(
    tnkrbell860

Comment by tnkrbell860 (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Maybe try going natural and in no way am I anti meds bc if that works go for it but there are things your can eat or take to make your uterus a better environment for an egg to implant have they checked the shape of your uterus have you tried opks I would try all the basics if you haven't already. Get preeseed too and maybe switch obs good luck
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thank you so much. Do you have any ideas? I haven't heard of opks. Natural doesn't seem to be working for me :( but i am going to do whatever I can....i want to have at least one child before I am 30....and that is in 2.5yrs :(
    tnkrbell860

Comment by tnkrbell860 (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Go to parents.com and use the ovulation calculator. There is a small window of when you are ovulating and it may be as easy as figuring that out for you. In the meantime, take 400mcg of folic acid every day, if you aren't already. It helps prevent defects, aids in cell development, among other things. Don't smoke if you do and try not to stress out about getting pregnant. Sometimes it happens when you aren't expecting it!
    HeatheranninSP

Answer by HeatheranninSP at 9:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thank you, I will definitely try that :D
    tnkrbell860

Comment by tnkrbell860 (original poster) at 7:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You should really see an infertility specialist. A GYN does have the tools to help with basic infertility problems but yours sounds like it may be more complicated than that.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Relax if the doctor says okay with your body. It will happen n
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 6:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2010