anyone experience this?

Im a new mom to a 5wk old. my question is Ive been getting really dizzy for about a week now and started getting migraines again the past 3 days straight(got them ALL the time before I was pregnant) Has this happened to anyone out there after giving birth? I'm afaid im going to have to go on med. again for the migraines but the dizzy spell are all new to me

Nienna7477

Asked by Nienna7477 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you are a new mom... how has your sleep been? are you hydrating well? are you anemic? these are quick fixes...

as far as the migraines, go to the MD or NP--keep a diary for a few days before you do and be sure to note the intensity of the headaches scale 1-10; note any symptoms that seem to occur with these headaches, their duration, and the time of day they usually occur
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 7:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I got dizzy and passed out 2 weeks postpartum. The dizziness wasn't constant, though. You should work on trying to sleep more when your baby sleeps and make sure you're eating enough. Also, drink lots of water and don;t let yourself get too hot ( I passed out after attempting a hot bath). As for the migraines, I had them much worse during pregnancy than before or after, so I can't help there. I do get migraines from bad lighting or when I'm overtired. So it could be once again your body telling you it needs more rest. I would def consult a doctor though.
    BUBaby

Answer by BUBaby at 8:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I passed out about 3 weeks after my dd was born, I had gotten sick and between that, the sleep deprivation, and stress I got dehydrated and passed out. To help you can try to get a little more sleep, even just resting when baby is asleep, stay well hydrated, take your iron and prenatals, and eat well. I don't know what to do about migraines, I've only had a few in my life and they were easily treated with OTC pain relievers and lower lights, less noise.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Actually getting pretty good sleep between my husband helping and my son sleeping fairly well. Going to try and be more hydrated, that is a problem. I don't drink enough fluids of any kind.But I'm drinking more water now than when I was pregnant. Hubby's going to set me up with a doc appt too.
    Nienna7477

Comment by Nienna7477 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Ya getting dizzy happened to me after having my 2 boys its normal.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Its sounds like you might be anemic.. My sister is. as soon as she had her son she started getting dizzy spells and having major migrains..Id get checked out for that.. Its been over 9 yrs since this started for her, and now shes having problems with her heart, and the oxygen in her blood was really low which led to her dizzy spells and head aches.. I hope you get something figured out..
    AirforceWife654

Answer by AirforceWife654 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010